Sakanashi has long silver-gray straight hair reaching past his neck with bangs covering the rightside of his face and an earring on his left ear. Sakanashi is tall as an adult and wears traditional Japanese clothing. His kuji-kiri mark is revealed to be on his chest.
Cold and calculating with a presence to command attention of his enemies and the cooperation of Basara and impurities alike, Sakanashi through his lifetime is imposing.
Power and Abiliities
As the second Basara, Sakanashi is a strong and powerful impurity. He leads a group of Basaras and other impurities to fulfill his ambitions. Unlike Chinu, who only kills impurities for spell power, like any other Basara, Sakanashi has no qualms killing humans or impurities for power, making him the strongest of all the current Basara. Full testament to his abilities is how he was able to fight on equal grounds against Arima Tsuchimikado, managing to eventually kill the Head Exorcist.
- Kokugyoku Jurai (黒極呪儡 Kokugyoku Jurai?, lit. Pitch Black Curse Puppet): Sakanashi's Impure Death Equip. 
- Taiho Rokaku Unshu Kijin Kanromon (大宝楼閣雲集鬼神甘露門 Taihō Rōkaku Unshū Kijin Kanromon?, lit. Swarm of the Fierce Gods Through Ambrosia Gate of the Grand Treasure Palace): 
- His role in the manga is similar to the role of Kuranashi in the anime, an anime-only character, who seems to have the same power and status as Sakanashi.
- As the second oldest Basara in the series it is likely that he has two golden eyes yet for some reason this isn't seen.
- ↑ Twin Stars Exorcist Manga; Chapter 64, page 4
- ↑ Twin Stars Exorcist Manga; Chapter 64, page 16-19
- ↑ Twin Stars Exorcist Manga; Chapter 64, page 33-43